Sunday, October 21, 2007

remembering Gabe


It's hard to believe it has been a year since my young brother-in-law left this earth. People still find this blog by googling his name. He is missed by many, many people. Katy and the boys are doing really well. I'm so proud of my baby sister, the strong woman she has become.

If you're a new reader and would like to know what I'm talking about, please click here.

Gabe was all about Down syndrome awareness. He was one of Stella's godparents, and his little brothers Levi and Eric were some of the first kids with Down syndrome that our family got to know. His mom called me in the hospital the day Stella was born to offer her support.

Typing through tears. Gotta go now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Thanks somuch for remembering Gabe. Bob and I still miss him so much! Gabe would be so happy to know we are going ahead with starting a day service for people with disabilities. I so wish he could be here to help us fumble through all of the computer stuff. Just kidding. Midge

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for visiting the blog, Midge. I have been thinking of you guys a lot.