Wednesday, January 11, 2006

You've got a blog, now start acting like it. . .

Yeah, well, I started this thing, so it's about time I began posting my opinions, confessions, obessions, concessions, past life regressions, and other self-indulgent crap like a good little blogger. So here we go.

Most of you reading this probably know me, so I don't need to tell you that I am a writer (mostly poetry, some nonfiction and fiction), I teach at the Fashion Institute of Technology, I'm married to jazz impresario Bob Bowen, and I have two fabulous kids (whom you can see below). Bobby is six and Stella is four. (The pics are from our summer vacation on the Outer Banks with the extended Lemmon family.) Oh, and (in case you haven't noticed) I love parentheses.

I'll try to post every couple of days--once a week, at least--and keep things interesting. To the right you'll see a list of some of my favorite women poets with links to their work. I've also started a list of my fave blogs--if there's one I should check out, please hip me to it (as Bob would say).

And now we come to one of the really cool things about blogs: I only show and tell what I want to, so I'm somewhat in charge. And you can read this without my even knowing. I can't see you, either, so if you're just getting to know me you don't have to worry about the look on your face when I tell you that Stella was diagnosed at birth with Down Syndrome, or when you read a couple of my poems. Dudes, we're all off the hook!

Above all, Saint Nobody (the blog, the poem, the as-yet-unpublished book) is about shrugging the mantle of sainthood (it keeps slipping off, anyway). Stay tuned and see what Nobody is up to.

2 comments:

Carly said...

Amy, Great meeting you too and good getting to know you via blogging :) We love some of the same poets!

Unknown said...

Yay! Thanks for stopping by!