Monday, January 23, 2006

Writer's Blo(g)ck and chocolatinis

Well, folks, it looks like blogging is going to be as much of a challenge as every other form of writing. Since my last posting I've found myself writing blog entries in my head on a regular basis, but somehow haven't managed to actually post anything.

Anyway, I thought I'd get back into the flow with a quick review of this restaurant. We took the kids here tonight after the triumphant first day of Bob's Creative Music Workshop (the new education program he's started with some of our excellent jazz musician-educator friends).

The hot chocolate was AMAZING but too strong for the kids, so Bob and I finished it. Sigh. It was tough, but parents do have to sacrifice. I also had the aforementioned chocolatini. Wowee. Bobby and Stella eschewed the yummy-sounding kids’ menu and stuck with bread and frites. Mom had a burger, Dad some amazing pasta with greens.

Excellent service. Highly recommended for a splurge. Amazingly kid-friendly and chic at the same time.

So. Block broken. Now, that wasn't so bad, was it?

3 comments:

cornshake said...

hi amy, it's aimee. nick c. pointed me to your blog. welcome. i love chocolatinis too! :)

Unknown said...

Hey, Aimee! Thanks for stopping by! You will have to go to SQC when you're in NYC next. Wish you could come to the SUNY conference. Sigh. Liz Rosenberg is going to be there from Binghamton. You can check out the website I set up for the conference: http://www3.fitnyc.edu/aha

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.