Friday, June 27, 2008


Summer is here, the weather changing--I never know whether to turn on the AC or not. Today I had it on, went out for a run around 2:30, felt a stiff breeze off the East River, came back, turned it off, opened the windows.

Then the temp started to rise so that by 8 p.m. it had risen to the mid-80s. Sticky again. But I'm sticking with fans only for now.

Wherever you go in the temperate zones you'll hear, "We have a saying around here: 'If you don't like the weather, wait. It'll change.'"

Don't you just love quotes embedded in quotes?

Sigh. My arm hurts, folks. I think I need to change my typing positions--I guess semireclined position is not conducive to healthy ergonomics.

Forgive me my nonblogginess. Life is just so unreadable right now it's hard to write about it. I hope you understand.

Oh, and does anyone happen to have extra reservations to see Sonic Youth at Battery Park on the 4th?


MacGregor Rucker said...

My friend Goo says these free shows that require reservations are a pain right in the bahookie (sp?). I went to see The Boredoms last Fourth of July weekend, with no reservation, nor knowledge of this requirement... there was a 2 mile line at the gate and I couldn't abide by that many pairs of rancid Chuck T's in one place so I just went and watched folks pretending the floating pool was Ibiza.

Amy said...

It's just so New York, isn't it, that you have to make reservations to a free concert! I suppose it's better than being trampled by the rancid Chucks.
(I don't know from bahookie. Where I'm from we use the word "patoot," variant "patootie.")